Aftercare from an addiction is something that a lot of recovering addicts consider, but what many of these recovering addicts do not know is that a half-way house is by far one of the ideal programs for someone suffering from a long term addiction problem.
What is a Half-Way House?
These half-way houses offer a recovering drug or alcohol addict a safe place to live where he or she can transition into their new life free from their addiction. Half-way house aftercare programs usually can last anywhere from one month to over a year depending on the individual and their progress and they can offer many different people different things. While inside of the half-way house, the recovering addict will:
- Daily check-ins so that they can stay on the right track towards their recovery.
- Obtain a job so that they will be able to support themselves and keep themselves away from boredom and addiction.
- Meet lifelong friends that will help them remain sober and push towards a life of addiction freedom.
- Daily counseling sessions where they will discuss what they are going through and how their lives are changing without addiction present.
- Learn valuable tools on how to live and thrive in the world without an addiction present.
Speak With a Counselor About Our Half-Way House
As you can see, a half-way house provides a person with all the right tools necessary to finally defeat their addiction once and for all and become a model citizen. Choosing this aftercare option is a choice that you have to make on your own, but considering it is something that every person should do. If you are interested in incorporating this aftercare program known as a half-way house into your addiction treatment program, or if you would life further information about what a half-way house has to offer, call and speak with one of our addiction treatment counselors today.
Leave a reply
Your email address will not be published. Fields marked * are mandatory.