Facing prescription drug abuse in your daily life is a common problem that millions of people in the United States alone suffer from. This problem is not only due to the users overuse, but also due to the abilities to obtain large amounts of prescription drugs without any real medical needs. Prescription drug abuse and addiction did not become a large problem until recent years; in fact, these drugs were not in high demand 20 years ago like they are today, and today young children and the elderly are given prescription drugs so that they can become what society considers normal or manageable.
Prescription drug abuse can come into a person’s life several different ways. They can either:
• Choose to abuse their prescription drugs or obtain prescription drugs through the illegal drug market
• Use a larger dose than what the doctor actually intended
• Continuously complain about pain, etc. that does not exist anymore.
• Used the drugs in their daily life for a long period of time without discontinuing use.
No matter how a prescription drug addiction comes into a person’s life, getting treatment is the only real way to completely rid you of the addiction. Without immediate treatment for your prescription drug abuse you can soon suffer from:
• Memory loss
• Emotional issues
• Financial instability
• Problems in your social life
• Problems with continuing a career
• Legal problems
• And psychological issues
Also, a person that is suffering from a long term prescription drug abuse can also suffer from:
• Liver and kidney damage
• Heart damage
• High/low blood pressure
• Irregular heart beat
• Imbalances in hormones
• And stomach lining deterioration
Stop The Abuse, Get Help Today!