Below is a list compiled list of numbers and percentages associated with meth, and its effects.
1. Meth arrests have gone up to over 300% in the United States since the year 1993.
2. It only cost $100 to make one ounce of meth, but the street value of this amount is sometimes over $800.
3. In 2010 105,000 people became first time meth users.
4. 10.4 million Americans ages 12 and older used meth at least once in their lifetime.
5. Among the age group of people 12 to 17 0.3% of these individuals admitted to using meth in the past month.
6. 6.2% of high school students reported using meth at some point in their lives.
7. More than 12 million Americans have used meth and 1.5 million are habitual users.
8. Meth labs have been seized in all 50 states.
9. 70% of all robberies have increased because of meth being present in America.
10. 40% of child welfare cases are due to parents addicted to meth.
11. Meth is considered to be the most dangerous drug in America.
12. Washington spent more than $50 million dollars in 2004 to help reduce meth inside of the state.
13. California is the main source for American manufactured meth.
14. 52% of all submissions for state crime labs are attributed to meth.
15. Meth is America’s most popular stimulant.
16. Meth using parents attribute to 62% of increase of foster care children in the past decade.
17. 91.1% of state and local law enforcement agencies in Washington said that meth was the greatest drug threat to their areas.
18. Meth related to a DUI increase of 12% from 2004 to 2005.
19. 8% of fraud, forgery and identity theft are connected to meth addicts and abuse.
20. 70% of inmates with substance abuse problems report meth as their drug of choice.
As you can see through these meth statistics, there are many negative effects as a result of the drugs existence and use. This is a highly addictive, dangerous, and even deadly drug, easily capable of quickly ruining lives. If you would like more information on meth statistics or need treatment for meth addiction, call today and talk with one of our knowledgeable staff.